Thursday, August 12, 2010

An opinion on "literature" my sister could get behind

I came across this comment about literary fiction, and it made me laugh, so I thought I'd share it with you.

'What's really interesting is that I have a intense, visceral reaction to some of the literary novels that have been published in the last 10-20 years. Reading them is like getting a bucket of negativity upended over my head. The writing is so very very beautiful but the events in the book just make me want to stick my face in the waffle iron and end it all. What the hell is this crap! How on earth can you Choose Life after reading one of these books? The world is filled with suffering and adultery, alas; no point in dying; we might as well live and suffer some more. Then I have to clear out my brain by watching "Dude, Where's My Car?"'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!