Thursday, April 21, 2011

House hunting for the melodramatic buyer

House hunting is kind of hard right now.  It's a buyer's market, and that's good for me as a potential buyer.  It means there're some nice houses out there for low prices.  Unfortunately, the reason for this buyer's market is foreclosures and near-foreclosures, which means that these great deals are places people used to call home until they got kicked out, often for financial reasons beyond their control.  It's chilling and sobering and makes me sad.  It's especially hard when I'm looking at pictures of a foreclosure or short sale home, and I see that one of the bedrooms obviously belonged to a child, and all that's left is whimsical wallpaper and memories.  If houses are haunted, I wonder if they can be haunted by regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!