Sunday, March 31, 2013

Farewell to another tree I loved

I need to stop getting attached to particular trees because when I do, and they are suddenly maimed to make room for more power lines or turned into a pile of mulch on the side of the road one day because they were in the way of the bulldozers that need to get to the golf course, I take it a little too personally and am mopey at work.  Symbols are powerful things, even if they exist only in one person's head.  RIP, beautiful tree I never identified, with one half dead and the other half alive.  I was looking forward to seeing how creatively you bloomed this spring.  Now I'll have a reconfigured golf course to look forward to driving past every morning as construction season begins.  It won't be the same without you hanging in there every morning to make my resolve firmer.  You will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!