Thursday, April 4, 2013

March Movie Madness 1: Twilight

I finally saw the last Twilight movie at the local third-run theater.  I waited for a  Tuesday, when admission is only a dollar.  And it was nearly worth every penny.  It has been several years since I read the books, so most everything was a surprise to me, including all the horrific violence (apparently okay in a PG-13 movie because it was bloodless).

I have to hand it to the casting people: they did a really good job.  Some of the secondary characters were really well done.  You could sense in the 2 minutes of screen time they were given that they really understood their characters, and you felt like they could have movies of their own.  (This is how I feel about most of the actors who played the Cullens, actually.  They didn't get much time, but they were very fully realized in the scant time they did get.)  And once again, Bella's dad totally stole the show in his scenes.  He was so good.

The CGI was still terrible.  The pacing wasn't completely awful.  The twist was kind of a surprise there at the end (one of them, anyway), and I really wondered if it happened in the original book.  Maybe it just wasn't really shown as much in the book?  Anyway, I'm glad that's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!