Monday, March 23, 2020

Home Office with a View

This is my view for my work days now. 
Not bad, right? A bit cluttered from a window leak but you can see the snow levels, a tree, a blue house, the color of grass, and the sky. And my Christmas tree, which is up year round. 

I am insulated from the current crisis by a lot of privilege, my allergies, chronic pain intensified introversion, a touchy immune system, a habit of listening to world news, prudence and practicality, some good windows, and some actual extra insulation added a couple weeks ago. Because of that, it's easier for me to choose to be calm and collected. 

From here, I will have an excellent view of the spring that will come no matter how much people panic and how much toilet paper they hoard. 

Some of my friends and neighbors are not this privileged.  I'm praying that I can help insulate them from the worst of things. At least I can show weekly pictures of the world around me coming to life again this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!