Saturday, March 23, 2024

Terrible time and temperature change, cutting off the hair, fun things

So, I got an invitation to a night out the Thursday before St. Patrick's Day.  Starting at 9 PM.  At a bar.  And I was sort of sad that there wasn't a way to respond more violently with a no.  Even if I hadn't been maybe-sick, that's, like, a worst nightmare for me.  Trapped in bars with increasingly drunk co-workers I don't really know.  And then you somehow go to work the next morning?   No, thank you.  Shucks about being maybe-sick.

#It'sAlwaysTheTimeForTeal  #AndTealTolerance

Obviously still thinking about work stuff and career stuff and feeling this.  I mean, just because I spent 13 years helping to transform this department and gaining expertise in this set of subject matters doesn't mean I have to stay here.  Hmmmm.  #CryingFaceImpliedAtTheWasteOfAllThatExpertise  #AndExtraCryingFaceAtTheThoughtOfTryingToRebuildFromScratchWithTheChronicPainBrainFog

Someone at my home site in MN asked if I missed it.  "Not this week," I told her.  They got more snow in this one March storm than they had the entire rest of the winter combined.  We had a couple days and a few inches, and this apparently caused Toronto to go mad because someone rammed their car into the underground parking garage door and trapped us all inside right around the same time an inebriated individual broke into the building and assaulted the security person.  #CabinFeverIsReal

#Truth  #HangOutInOurParkingLotsAndSeeForYourself

Someone you know finally got their hair cut probably shorter than it has been since before birth.  #ItWasMe  

We shall see how this works.  I do love that none of my hair can be in my eyes and cause the irrational Hair-Touching-Face-Rage I so often experience.  And I don't even have to put gross stuff in my hair to (try and fail to) keep it away!  But, hilariously, the problem I expected to have if we cut it short (that it would be limp and flat and thin) has NOT been the problem I have actually had to deal with.  The actual problem is that the cowlicks are all still there, and if I TOUCH my hair (and especially if I run my hands through it), the results are pretty hilarious.  Lack of body is NOT apparently a problem at this length.  

#ItIsNOTAnAfro  #ButIfI'mDistractedAndRunHandsThroughItALot,It's...ALot

Yep.  Took the big blankets off the bed, swapped out the little blanket cover from winter to summer, moved around the coats in the closet.  Promptly got a freeze and snow.  

#WalkingInASpringtimeWonderland #VeryCarefully

It's not exactly a hardship to wear the beautiful winter coat for longer.  Now that my thyroid works and I can afford a real winter coat, it's actually not harmful for me to be out in the cold.  #YayThyroid

Boo being maybe-sick for a couple weeks.  So I found ways to entertain myself.  See following memes.

#DefinitelyAccurate

#WeCanLearnALotFromNature #OrNot

#AhChildhood #TheGoodOldDays #ICouldSkip3Eventually

#NotExactly #ICertainlyDon'tEatTicks #ButICertainlyFeelLikeThisSometimes

#ItStartedOutLikeThatBeautifulPartInBraidingSweetgrass #AndEndedUpVeryFarAwayFromThere

You know what else made me feel better?  Even though two favorite shows ended their seasons and won't pick up until next year (Frieren and Apothecary Diaries), Natsume's Book of Friends will be back for a sensational season 7 this year!!!!!!!!  Now if only someone would release seasons 5 and 6 on DVD or Blu-Ray or whatever, I would be even further over the moon.  #OhNatsume  #Yay2024

Hope there's stuff for you to look forward to, even if you're feeling maybe-sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!