Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Only fifteen?

Brought to you by my friend J who spent over a year with me in RetailPurgatory a lifetime ago.

Name fifteen fictional characters (television, films, plays, books) who’ve influenced you or that will always stick with you. List the first 15 you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.

This one's hard for me because I'm an ensemble cast sort of person.  I often like whole casts of characters, and it's hard (sometimes impossible) to choose a favorite. 

It's also hard because there's, like, a couple hundred I have to choose from, and no matter which ones I choose, I will feel inadequate for choosing them, and I will spend days stopping short at random places going, "Darg!  I should have said ____!"  But that's what comments are for.  :)

  • Ender Wiggin from Ender's Game
  • Miles Vorkosigan from Lois McMaster Bujold's Miles books
  • Caz from Curse of Chalion
  • MacGyver
  • Kvothe from Name of the Wind
  • Kel from Tamora Pierce's Protector of the Small series
  • Ash Lynx from Banana Fish
  • Harry Dresden from Butcher's Dresden Files series
  • Eugenides from Megan Whalen Turner's books
  • Heero from Gundam Wing
  • Wolfwood from Trigun
  • Folken from Escaflowne
  • Charles Wallace from Madeleine L'Engle's books
  • Joshua from The Arm of the Starfish
  • Vimes from the Pratchett books
  • Otori Takeo from Tales of the Otori
  • Harvey from the Kieli series
Better stop before I get to one hundred . . .

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!