Monday, January 3, 2011

I've done this a few times myself

 Sometimes I let it sit for months.  Sheesh.

"When I'm reading a really good book, I have this tendency to draw out the last 20 or 30 pages, reading as slowly as I can -- sometimes drawing it out over a week or more -- because once I'm through with the last chapter, that's it. The imaginary friends I've made over the course of that story will never do anything new again. Our relationship is finite, and that kind of bums me out. (I imagine it's that same heartbreak that inspires fan fiction, which, in my humble opinion, is its own kind of tragedy, but you're entitled to disagree with me here.)" - Kelly Sue DeConnick (Sensual Phrase 16)

Any books you just couldn't bear to finish?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!