Monday, February 7, 2011

Meat raffle, anyone?

I live in the great white north, and up here, we apparently love our meat raffles in the winter. I see them advertised everywhere, from church signs to bars to mom and pop roadside restaurants. And every time I see them, I wonder . . .

Wonder no longer, my friends. I have gone to the source of most knowledge to find out what a meat raffle is, and I hereby share this information with you so that neither of us have to wonder anymore. 

Now you know. And knowing is either half the battle or the beginning of avoidance.  I guess I should tell myself it's posh if the British do it, right?  I really wonder if anyone's written a child's picture book about a meat raffle.

Do you have any weird, winter traditions in your region? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!