Tuesday, April 10, 2012

saving changes

Do you want to save the changes?  the message asks.

Suddenly I am almost crying and laughing at the same time.  No, I want to tell the error message.  I want to scrap these changes and restart at an earlier point before this pain and frustration and rage and passion and crafting and overworking; before the proverbial sweat and tears made the words smear and run into unintelligibility and become melodrama or maybe farce; before I felt this broken and unsalvageable.

But it's a programmed error message on a computer, and it's just trying to do its job.  It didn't really mean to be asking me deep questions late at night, so it sits patiently until I come back from wherever I just went and smile a bit twistedly and click the Save button to make it all go away for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!