Thursday, December 25, 2014

12 Months of 2014: 1 twisted ribcage

There were a lot of snowstorms last winter. During one particularly memorable February storm, after a 90-minute, white-knuckle drive home (8 miles), I arrived in my parking lot to find it had not been plowed, and then my little car got predictably stuck. It was late. There was no one around. It was not safe to drive, so I could hardly call anyone over to help, and I had to dig myself out enough to get into the garage because I was pretty sure the tow-trucks were the only vehicles NOT unconquered by the snow. Long story short: I wrenched my rib cage out of alignment. There's no way to fix that kind of thing, so I was in a lot of pain for months. With the help of a good chiropractor, I'm getting better, but holy cow; I can't believe how much it can still hurt sometimes if I sit funny or for too long. Got a poem out of it, at least, written the night of the accident before the real pain had a chance to set in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!