Sunday, April 4, 2010

Books I Want to Read: Will Jesus Buy Me a Double-Wide?

Will Jesus Buy Me a Double-Wide?: ('Cause I Need More Room for My Plasma TV) by Karen Spears Zacharias


I am not a big fan of the "prosperity gospel" crap some people preach.  I'm pretty sure the Bible says you're going to have a lot of trouble in this world if you really love and follow Jesus.  I'm all for smart books that skewer non-biblical preaching in amusing ways.  Paul was quite the witty criticizer himself, and Jesus had no time for false gospels or people using His Father's name to propagate lies.

If you've ever found yourself buying into the health and wealth gospel (that God wants to give you nothing but success and money and influence and if you're not successful and healthy and wealthy, you're sinning) even a little, please read this book.

Anyone have any thoughts on the "prosperity gospel" or this book?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!