Monday, March 14, 2011

I'd rather be reading

The story of my life: I'd rather be reading.

I think I need this made into a bumper sticker.  Or perhaps a forehead sticker. 

I am a crabby jerk when I am in the midst of a long book I like but can't take time out to binge on.  Irritable and snappish.  It's not anyone else's fault that
  • the book is 1,000 pages.
  • it came late.
  • I can't hold the monstrous thing while exercising for three hours.
  • I'm being responsible right now and doing work first before I play. 

It's probably best that I pace myself.  I should string out the joy of this first read because I will likely be waiting at least two years for the next/final chapter.  I should let myself be happy that I'm being responsible and doing this in small bits in moderation in tandem with other things that really need to be done.  I should.

But I don't.  Sigh.

4 comments:

  1. Well, *I* think it's perfectly reasonable to be unreasonable about books.

    http://www.epbot.com/2011/02/my-treadmill-desk.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one! Now if only it could be mounted like a hamster wheel, I could use it for exercise and not worry about any books falling out . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I generally am against buying books, but I might buy this one for the Kindle simply because it's easier to carry around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely lighter. This book is heavy in a physics-defying sort of way . . . :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!