Thursday, March 3, 2011

It's not like I would have had time to read it yet, but . . .

Dear Borders,

I pre-ordered Wise Man's Fear from you because I felt sorry for your situation, but I have to tell you, unless you start getting those books shipped out at the latest on their release dates, I have to be honest and say I'm going to start going with Amazon. 

If this were the first time this had happened, I might be generous and chalk it up to the trouble you're going through, but this is a repeating pattern.  Every time I pre-order with you, I have to wait at least a week after the release date to get the book.  Sometimes I have to wait two or three weeks. 

If people go so far as to give you money in advance, you should give them their books as close to the release date as possible.  Otherwise, you'll lose money when they go buy the book somewhere else and return your copy whenever it gets there.  Most people won't give you fifteenth and sixteenth chances like I do.


Impatiently,
The Moon in Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!