Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Red Tails movie

The preview for Red Tails was shown before The War Horse.  It's about the World War II Tuskegee Airmen.  After watching the episodes and documentaries in the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles about a similar subject (the shameful treatment of the all-black units in World War I and after), I couldn't even watch the trailer without copious tears.  It's rated PG-13, so it probably won't get too gory, but I just don't think I could handle watching it.

If it's that hard to even think about the injustice, I cannot imagine what it would have been like to live with it.

To be proud to fight, get wounded, and even die for your country and for freedom and to be treated like that by your countrymen . . .  Thank you to all those who fought anyway for whatever reasons made you feel like it was worth it.  The people whose lives you saved lived as a testimony to your bravery and sacrifice.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!