Thursday, January 3, 2013

Starting the new year off with an encouraging encounter

After my first PT session of the year, as I was paying for parking, a woman and a boy were coming into the garage, and the boy was holding a book, the back cover of which I thought I recognized, but I thought maybe I was wrong because he was a little boy, but I was pretty sure  it was . . .  Yep, I saw the spine, and it was the QP of Graceling.  The boy could have been anywhere from 8-15 (it's hard to tell), and I was quite pleased.  Boys aren't typically into books with female protagonists, even boy readers.  I was so happy that I told him I really liked the book and had just finished Bitterblue.

The lady with him (probably his mother) seemed really surprised and amused.  "Maybe I should read it," she said with a smile.

I smiled right back and said, "You should!  It's great."

Read on, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!