Saturday, February 3, 2024

Faithful by Plumb

My right foot has finally calmed down.  It got VERY mad after my ill-fated May conference in Utah where I got altitude sickness (at a much lower altitude than you're supposed to) and wore the ankle braces while walking more than usual and while horribly swollen.  This made some of the tendons hurt so rage-ily that we checked to be sure nothing was broken.  They were not broken, just very vocal about their anger.  For months.  But finally, finally in December, 7 months after they started screaming enough to make sure I iced them once or twice a day, they are calmed down.

The chiropractor wrote in his notes that I'm thriving here.

The massage person said I didn't seem worse or different from her average clients.  Although she did say she could play the tendons on my left foot like a guitar, they were so tight.  That new little complication started in the late summer.  I've seen doctors and PTs about it, and we're hoping it, too, just needs some time to calm down.  It's definitely doing better here, but it does NOT like anything involving uneven ground, and it has limits it enforces with PAIN.

The Canadian dental hygienist says I'm great and keep doing what I've been doing.

I got new glasses for the first time in a while, and it's nice to be able to see things!

I've gotten my hair cut and am playing around with styling it to maximize volume.  The nice lady who cut it says it's actually not as thin as it seems like it was previously.  So it's actually doing better here, too.

I have taken so many naps, actually listening to my body, and have been better about taking breaks and moving.

I am getting more regular exercise with more regular bedtimes.  I am generally eating fine.

I am doing the things right. 


My activity tracker thinks I'm doing really well.  It is proud of my sleep patterns and recovery.  It frequently asks me if I am ready to take on challenges because it thinks I am ready for them.

Generally, I respond to the screen that I feel like I want to take a nap.


I feel . . . tired and in pain and brain foggy.  I have trouble feeling motivated and staying on task without getting distracted.  So, the same in some ways.

But I'm finally starting to feel like I can take some more chances.  I’m going to take a Friday off and go exploring, knowing I have the following days to recover.  Though, if I know myself, I will forget when I feel okay the day after that I am supposed to be resting and will regret it the second day after . . .

The thing that keeps me going through it all, doing the things I need to day after day: God is with me in it all.  

"You are faithful to me." - from "Faithful" by Plumb


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!