Saturday, February 24, 2024

Second Transit Adventure, Home Office acoustics, Toronto Water Conservation, and a Rookie Mistake

I know that you have been very curious to know: yes, the acoustics in my little office space with its gigantic tiled mirror in front of the desk are fun.  Very resonant in pockets.  I think this is why the very random songs my portable hard drive plays get stuck in my head.  Some veeery odd ones recently.  The thing that ties them together is that they are catchy but sort of nonsensical.  "Escher's World" by Steve Taylor and "Double Cure" by Vigilantes of Love.

December and January faked me out, y'all.  I was outside on walks all the time.  Very little snow that never really stuck, lots of rain and then lots of clouds (cloudiest January on record, with maybe 4 days involving the sun the entire month).  I figured we were done with winter!  February was like, "'Scuse me, make room, here I am!"  Snow.  Cold.  Wind.  Even some great fog one day!  So, winter is not over, which, maybe is a good thing (see cyclist fears in previous post).

At first, I kept forgetting to take a bag with me when I walked down the street to get berries.  Then I realized that if I stuff a bag in the hood of every coat I wear, I will always have a bag.

(Yes, Mom, I fold it up and hide it. :)

I hope the Air Canada Express video is on Youtube or somewhere else on the internet.  Friends, it is a trip.

Toronto is interested in water conservation.  Along with suggesting you turn off the shower while you use your shampoo, they have other thoughts on how to save water!  I figured this was because they are a big city and want to do good things environmentally, but I have noticed that everywhere I go that has automated taps and toilets, there is always one that is malfunctioning.  Whenever you go into a stall to use one, it flushes at random an average of 4 times.  So, Toronto, if you want to conserve water, that might be a thing to look at?

I made a rookie mistake.  I ended up with two books that deal with the evils of imperial colonialism in a row.  (The vagaries of the library app and a weird hold queue.)  That's just too much rage and darkness in a row.  Had to listen to some podcasts to give my despair a break.

I went on a second transit adventure!  

I went to the gelato place and the sushi place and got the pocket sushi (above).  It was tasty.  But it's basically served on a bed of inarizushi, so how could it NOT be great?

I stopped at the bookstore to grab the second volume of the series I got last time (support your small businesses!!!) before hopping on transit for an hour and 36 minutes to get to the Pacific Mall.  


It's huge, and there are very many shiny things and much food.  A good place to walk in the winter for sure.  I . . . overdid the walking, but was not in as much pain as I was the previous time and was also in . . . different pain.  Like maybe some different muscles and whatnot were being challenged instead of just the normal ones that are hurty.

Most of the second floor is this area with lots of even tinier spaces for so many different types of food.  Just across (or around) this bridge.  Good times!

So much to look at!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!