Thursday, January 28, 2010

A note for all my fellow perfectionists on the web . . .

Well, I sure needed to hear this.

"The internet is not a race to be right. It’s also not a competition to correct the missteps of others."
That quote was particularly, erm, needed.  Anyway, I think they linked to this comic somewhere, and I wanted to make sure you saw it.  After reading it, I had a moment when I stopped to thank the good Lord that I no longer have the energy to try to correct everything.  The Internet would have destroyed me, otherwise. 

Thank you in advance to the kind souls who politely and helpfully catch my mistakes, so I can improve the final products without feeling attacked.  :)

Do you struggle with your inner editing demon online in this world of text shorthand and leetspeak and other languages/puzzling grammatical choices that proliferate online?  What situation would be necessary to make you actually send a correction to someone?

1 comment:

  1. A teen-aged facebook friend of mine posted a status saying he had "three New York testes this week" instead of his regular school schedule. I sent a correction.

    But mostly I'm fairly lenient, especially when I don't know the person involved. Webcomic errors tempt me, though, for some reason.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!