Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Chronicles of Harris Burdick!


Back in junior high, my English teacher posted the pictures that accompanied The Mysteries of Harris Burdick and asked us to make up stories for them.  Now it looks like students aren't the only ones who are inspired by these lovely and weird illustrations. 

Looking at the lineup of authors who worked on this version, I'm a bit giddy.  I wonder if they got to choose their favorite or if they were assigned one.  Was there fierce competition, and everyone wrote about the one they wanted, and some editor got to choose the best one for each?

Anyway, next time I'm in the mood for short stories, I know where I'm going to look.  :)

Have you ever "read" The Mysteries?  What were your impressions?  Do you remember any illustrations in particular that stuck with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!