Saturday, April 27, 2024

Sakura denied, dishevelment, rain, tears, TV

I was hoping this would be my week for cherry blossoms, but I have been thwarted at every turn.  I planned to go to the Japanese gardens in Mississauga when the rain stopped for a bit even though it was cold, and there was absolutely nowhere to park within limping distance.  Discovered an amazing chai place, so not a total loss.

#NotThisTimeIssa #OrNextTime

I figured I'd stop by the main cherry blossom place that is near a transit station on my way to a medical appointment.  Then an emergency on the transit line shut down the main subway, and my 25 minute drive home tool an hour and 25 minutes, and there was no time.  (Not actually true.  I did the math, and I would have had 1 minute to commune with the cherry blossoms.)

#EmotionalSupportTaiyaki  #TheBestLaidPlans  #ThereWasParkingWhenIWentInForLunch  #NoneWhenICameOut  #IShouldRememberTheServiceThereIsLeisurely

I planned on stopping by the Mississauga gardens when it was raining on Saturday morning after pool PT, figuring no one would be parked there in the rain and cold on a Saturday morning.  I was incorrect.  I might have tried parking in one of the extortionary ramps, but the blossoms were definitely NOT at peak bloom, so I decided to try again next week.  There are a few times when it might not be raining!  #StayTuned.

#TreesAreBuddingEverywhere  #Yay  #Achooo

I am re-watching a looooooong and heartwrenching show, and I am skipping half of it.  #NoRegrets

I am actually avoiding most of the heartwrenching bits and going straight to the redemption bits. I suspect the only way I will ever be able to watch the whole thing again is if I am doing so with someone else as a way to share something great.  Also, I will probably complain a lot about the bizarre-to-me pacing and the bits that are less than awesome.  It will be very fun.  #FunForEveryone  #BringAllTheTissues  #AndYourA-GameForDiscussingMoralAmbiguity

#HealthTrackerIsProudOfMe  #NotToBragButIStillFeelLikeIWasLugging RocksUpAHillAllNight

I would like to point out that one of my useless super powers is dishevelment.  As soon as I put any clothing on, it is slightly crooked, slightly to majorly disheveled, or just generally doesn't look right.


Still wrestling with philosophy and work.  It's possible that one of the reasons I don't feel enthused about throwing all my experience away and starting again in some other area of the company is that I'm afraid that if putting in as much effort and creating as much improvement and change as I have over the last 14 years only resulted in heartbreak, what will happen if I do that again somewhere else?  If the people who decide these things decided that all that wasn't good enough, what makes me think I'll ever be good enough?  Is that you, Miette?!  #Meow  #LikeTheFootball

#SoundLovelyIssa  #AndEasierToThinkAboutThankThisMess

Amazon in Canada is wild.  It's very different from Amazon in the US.  Most recently, they sent a package that must have gotten absolutely mangled on the way.  The front desk refused delivery of the shredded or otherwise destroyed box.  My notification went from, "It will be delivered at 10:37 today to . . ."


They made me wait until the 28th, at which time I then had to place the order again, at which point the sale on one of the items was over.  There is no way to report anything or talk to anyone or ask for resolution.  I guess that's not legally required here?  Good thing it wasn't anything urgent, but that sale thing was something I needed for PT soonest.  #StayTuned  #ExternalFactorsLikeBeingRunOverByTheDeliveryTruck

#Exactly

Not-chili-but-fajitas went well!  I decided to take a chance on these diced veggies for other purposes and add them to chili.  Wasn't sure if it would be a good idea or a bad idea.  I realized after browning the meat and making the vegetables garlicky that there was no way I could also fit the tomatoes, beans, and corn in the single pan in my unit.  (Next time will likely just use the stock pot, but the brain isn't that great at changing directions on the fly.)  So I made some fajita seasoning from my random internet recipe and added it to the veggies and ground beef.  #AuthenticallyMe  #BePatientChiliYourTimeWillCome

#IDefyTheeLabels

Still resting a lot and trying to heal mentally, spiritually, and physically.  Hoping this happens some day soon!

#Where'sMyFaintingCouch  #AndHeavyLightBlockingCurtains  #IHaveMyBooksAndTea


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!