Saturday, June 8, 2024

Difficult Anniversaries, Rest, and Summer Fruit Quests


Somehow it is June.  May has some tough anniversaries.  George Floyd was murdered in my cities.  My first childhood best friend died suddenly a few years ago.  


The linden trees start blooming.  I remember this because I went on a lovely walk in 2021 with my beloved friend who once won a plant-identifying contest, and she spoke fondly of the linden trees and how they always reminded her of her children because they were blooming when she gave birth to all of her children.  Then one of her children died at his birthday party the day before his birthday, and the linden trees are still beautiful in all the ways, and they make me cry.  I start to get a bit somber as that terrible June anniversary inexorably moves closer and everything that bloomed early starts to fade.


#PileOfPinecones  #AwwwwwBabies

#ProudParentPineTreeOfSomeKind  #AlsoMakingMeCry

#NotWithThePainI'mInBasho #But  #There'sNoSmoothSegueFromTheGrief


#ButAtLeastThere'sThisFunnyOne #NationalParksDon'tAlwaysHaveTheseWhereYouNeedThem  #TheyCan'tPlanForWhenTheBisonWillBlockTheRoadForHoursRightAfterYouDrankAllTheWaterWithSaltSoYouWouldn'tPassOutOnTheHike  #HypotheticallySpeaking

#AlittleBitLikeThisSometimes

#Exactly  #ThereTheyAre  #CottonwoodsByTheHumberRiver

#TheyHaveToFightTheCottonWoodFluff,Issa

I wonder if they have visible fireflies in the GTA?  For a long time I didn't see any in the Greater Twin Cities area, but I have sometimes seen them since.  It's very bright where I am, but there is a river and a marsh.  Do fireflies like those?

#MosquitoesLoveMeTooMuchForMeToHaveThisExperienceMuchAnymore,Issa  #EspeciallyNearAMarshISuspect

Y'all, I talked about how I was going to be an adult.  How I was NOT going to sit down to read "Just One Chapter" at 9:15 and then stay up all night reading.  You will never guess what happened.

#IOnlyStayedUpUntil2AM  #ListenThisIsAnAnomaly  #I'veBeenDoingBetterAtThis  #BecauseAllMyMangaAndBooksAreAtHome  #E-BooksAreTricksy  #AlsoIJustNeededToKnowWhatHappened  #NoICouldn'tJustSkipToTheLastChapter  #ThatIsPersonalHeresy  #PlusIDidn'tThinkOfIt  #BecauseI'veBeenSleepingBadlyLatelyAndAmFoggy

I was soooooo good that day.  No recriminations or self-flagellation, just kindness.  It worked.  #WhoKnew  #ItDoesn'tAlwaysWork  #It'sNiceWhenItDoes

#It'sLikeWe'reLearningHowLegsWorkAgainEveryDay

#ThisIsWhyIHaveToVeryCarefullyScheduleTheThings  #IHaveToBuildInAndAroundRecoveryTimeOrIWillCrash

#LIVINGTHEDREAM

#amen

#DramaticSunsetWithStormClouds  #ViewFromMyBalcony

#WorkingOnIt  #EspeciallyIfThatPathTakesMeToNectarines  #It'sTimeForSummerFruitCrisps

#TheFaceOfSomeoneWhoSuccessfullyObtainedTheNectaries

Hope you enjoy all the summer fruits yourself and with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!