Friday, December 6, 2013

The Lesson Is . . .

I thought the moral of the story was going to be this:  See, if you are kind to yourself and don't push yourself by trying to carry too much, your shoulder will hurt less!  Instead, the lesson appears to be: HAHAHAHAHA, your trunk is frozen shut, and you can't get to your toilet paper when you need it even though you bought it ahead of time for once! 

I guess that's a corollary to the one I've been learning every day for the last nearly 11 years (to quote a lovely, tired, anonymous employee at OWCP): "Sometimes you do everything you're supposed to, and you still get screwed."  Can I be done learning that lesson yet?  Please?  : /

Anyway, now the lesson is self control because if I flip out and start kicking and yanking at the trunk door, I will hurt myself and probably still not get the trunk door to open.  The other lesson is toilet paper conservation.  Breathe in, breathe out . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!